In order to help a child recover from abuse and neglect, intervention must go both deep and wide.
Five days of immersion at camp goes deep and breaks barriers — our mentoring programs go wide. Dependable, monthly contact with the same, safe adults is vital.
The Royal Family KIDS mentoring program includes skills mastery, character building, and fun — plus individualized attention from trained adults who are effective role models. Research shows even one school year of commitment makes a difference—and children from the most difficult situations benefit the most from mentoring.
Mentoring matters — research shows that students who are in mentoring programs are:
- 59% more likely to earn better grades
- 52% less likely to skip school
- 81% more likely to participate in extracurricular activities
- 90% more likely to volunteer in their own communities
- 130% more likely to hold leadership positions